The UN General Assembly designated 2021 the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables (IYFV). 🍏🥑🥦
So how do you choose your fruits & veggies?
- Do you grow them in your sustainable garden?
- Do you buy them from local ecological farms?
- Or maybe exchange with your neighbors?
- Do you buy them in the farmers markets or regular stores unpacked?
- How do you avoid their waste?
I am far away from being a gardener, but a great seed supplier to my parents! 😁 This coming season we will enjoy different tomato, cucumbers (this time African ones as well), potatoes, colourful beetroots, carrots, parsnips, eggplants, courgettes, peppers, butternut squash, leeks, kale and many more greens, berries and fruits. And usually have some preserved goodies for winter.
But we still always want tropical fruits and vegetables... So we try to buy the ecological ones, just the prices sometimes are too high.